Friday, March 28, 2008

Daily Dose of Heather- Part Deux

Shhh- I'm posting from work so this will be quick. Brief background of one thing I did at work yesterday that I bitterly complained to Heather about- I was doing some research on the legislative history of a state statute (boring all by itself) and could not find what I was looking for so I downloaded the audio recordings from legislative sessions from 1999 and 2000 AND LISTENED TO THEM. Still did not find what I was looking for.

Recap of a voice mail from Heather this morning:

Heather: "I have a BRILLIANT idea for you."

CP (thinking): "For me? Uh oh, wtf is it going to be?"

Heather: "When you have to do things like sit and listen to audio recordings from state legislative sessions, you should get to charge a "boredom surcharge" to your hourly rate. Just like Jamaba Juice charged a surcharge on their orange juice last winter and like airplanes charge a surcharge on the exit row seats."

CP (thinking): "Now included in my billing policy- a boredom surcharge."

No comments: